11/28/08

Hasidic Jew Rap


Remember those pesky little ven diagrams from grade school? If you were to make one now, let's say with Table A = Hasidic Jew, and Table B = Reggae/Rap Rocker, that blue middle region would really be narrowed down to one person: Matisyahu. I got to meet Matis and his band at their show in Boston at the Orphuem. However, I did not shake his hand (not allowed) nor did I talk to him for too long because forget being orthodox super strict, he's a for real Hasidic Jew! He was very nice for the brief moments I talked to him, but I did get to hang with the rest of the band after doing the hothand demo. They are super chill, really awesome musicians (a lot of them met at the New School in nyc) and were pretty into the motion inspired technology. The highlight of the meeting was climbing into the luxury tourbus, sipping some brews, and jamming out to some old-school funk tunes. [Matis not present]

No comments: