12/4/08

Kickin' It Old School

While at home over thanksgiving I perused the closet in my old room. Among the hidden treasures of my youth, I found my High School letter jacket, awkward middle school photos, secret notes from note-passing days, and my sambas!!!! Yes, my actual Adidas Sambas which I proudly wore on and off the indoor field because they were (excuse me, are) soooo awesome. I forgot that I still had them and you better believe they came back with me to Boston and I am currently wearing them as I type this post. Now here's the thing, the sambas came into popularity during my 6th grade year (ish). I remember pleading with my parents laying my case for needing these shoes for indoor soccer. However, I somehow got stuck with black and neon green Mitre indoor shoes. Not cool. It took a couple years later in my high school days to finally earn the real deal shoes. So you can imagine my excitement when I found them again and am now proudly wearing my tan gumsole shoes while I "throw threes up".

No comments: