1/14/09

NAMM Day 0

Hello from sunny Anaheim! It feels so nice to be out of the tundra which is Boston right now. Today I had the pleasure of attending the Pre-NAMM Artist Training Day. Basically you know you've made it when you get to kick it with the keyboardist for Molly Cyrus... life is big out here! Anyhow it was the first day of demos and lots of talking and trying to get artists big and small alike to learn more about Source Audio and the rockin technologies we have with motion controlled effects. Oh yea, and remember that band from the highschool era, Everlast? Though I did not get to meet the frontman himself, guitarist and keyboardist were present. These "pre-NAMM Artist training" days are sort of a mixed bag wash of music director/producer/engineer/artists who you can't really tell if they're a big deal or not (most likely... not) But you don't know and thats the thing, you just gotta do it because you never know. [Yes, you never know that you are going to run into crazy healer dude, who reaches out to my arm and starts massaging it because he wants to cure my tendonitis and tells me that the brace I'm wearing is no good and I need to breath and take herbs and blah blah blah]

Tomorrow things get more interesting as we move down to the actual convention center and NAMM officially opens up... should be a good time!

No comments: